Clinics & Services
In addition to GP consultations the practice offers a wide range of clinics and healthcare services:
Chronic Disease Care
- Raised Blood Pressure
- Heart Disease
- Preconception Advice
- Antenatal Clinic – alternate Wednesdays 14:00 – 16:00.
- Child Health & Post Natal Clinic – Thursdays 14:00 – 16:00
- Child Immunisations
- Family Planning – Wednesday 18:00 – 19:00. A comprehensive service is offered including free condoms for teenagers, coil fitting and confidential advice and support.
- Women’s/Men’s Health – including cervical smears and hormone replacement therapy.
- Healthy Living – including dietary advice, exercise, stop smoking.
- Minor Surgery
If you require any vaccinations relating to foreign travel you need to make an appointment with the practice nurse to discuss your travel arrangements. This will include which countries and areas within countries that you are visiting to determine what vaccinations are required.
There is further information about countries and vaccinations required on the links below
|Europe & Russia||North America|
|Central America||South America|
|Middle East||Central Asia|
|East Asia||Australasia and Pacific|
It is important to make this initial appointment as early as possible – at least 6 weeks before you travel – as a second appointment will be required with the practice nurse to actually receive the vaccinations. These vaccines have to be ordered as they are not a stock vaccine. Your second appointment needs to be at least 2 weeks before you travel to allow the vaccines to work.
Some travel vaccines are ordered on a private prescription and these incur a charge over and above the normal prescription charge. This is because not all travel vaccinations are included in the services provided by the NHS.
Online Travel Form
To help us offer the appropriate advice, please fill out the online form before coming to see the nurse.
Travelling in Europe
If you are travelling to Europe a very useful booklet has been published with advice and guidance to help you get the most out of your holiday. To visit please click:- http://ec.europa.eu/publications/booklets/eu_glance/86/en.pdf (this is a large document and may take a minute or two to view)
Non NHS Services
Some services provided are not covered under our contract with the NHS and therefore attract charges. Examples include the following:
- Medicals for pre-employment, sports and driving requirements (HGV, PSV etc.)
- Insurance claim forms
- Passport signing
- Prescriptions for taking medication abroad
- Private sick notes
- Vaccination certificates
The fees charged are based on the British Medical Association (BMA) suggested scales and our reception staff will be happy to advise you about them along with appointment availability.